Monday, July 14, 2008

Day in Las Cruces…A down day and Fireworks

July 4 – Friday (90,s, Breezy, Sunny)

Today my wife asked me if we could have a down day. We all were so tired and it made sense, of course I was not willing to admit it. I caught up on blogs then decided Bailey’s Blessing needed to be washed it was filthy. I looked around at the back and the front of the motorhome and found a wash me sign on the back and bugs galore from the other evening.

We have driven 3500 miles and this will be the first time we wash the motorhome. So the boys were not too motivated to help until I offered money then they immediately became interested. I looked for something to wash the motorhome and found I packed only one brush. I looked around and saw some people moving in another site, so I thought great opportunity to give our testimony and get a brush…maybe. I approached them and started up the conversation. As it turns out, they had been living out of their older style motorhome for 2.5 years, only they have not moved from the spot they were in. From their appearance, they must have been part of a motorcycle group and did not have all that much materially. They were not saved and so I gave them a short testimony, asked them if they’d want to receive Jesus Christ, they did not, borrowed a brush, and went to work. It took about an hour and I could not tell at the time but had a good sunburn on my back.


I returned the brush only to find a very neat looking motorcycle, its called a trike, at their site. It was really different, half mustang, half motorcycle.

I returned the brush and returned to the motorhome to study the Word. That night we saw the fireworks in Las Cruces. They were much larger than Syracuse fireworks and reminded me of the ones in Oswego Harborfest. After this we drove to our site and retired.

No comments: