Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fellowship in Christ...

June 14 – Saturday - temp in the 90's, feels like 100, 3H's

Today is a down day, meaning no work at the school, but on land with lots of trees, and the boats needing to be dry-docked, there was a lot to do in the morning. Jeff's family were up early and moving boats (all 3) from the shore to the shed area so they could be stored until they were needed next. In the process of doing this, we broke of the trailers. It was a minor thing and was fixed in a jiffy.

Our family went into town and did some shopping for necessities then we went to Jeff’s house in Fountain Inn to spend the afternoon in a beautiful air-conditioned home and have dinner. The heat has been very intense.


The area reminded me of Syracuse in that it had all the familiar stores, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc. As I shopped, I spoke to people about Jesus. Being here in the Bible belt is very interesting. All but one person I spoke to professes to know Jesus either as a Baptist or a Pentecostal. In all cases I prayed with them and left a tract. I was always greeted with a warm smile when I mentioned His name. I am finding that when someone knows Jesus, they light up at the mention of His name, and when they do not, they have a solemn look. The rest of the day was spent in fellowship as we shared the things of Christ and talked about different things and relaxed. Soon we were heading back to camp to retire.