Friday, June 20, 2008

Traveling to Greenville Alabama

June 18 – Wednesday cool and 80's

Today we leave for New Orleans. The morning was cool and no humidity. The sun was shining we packed up everything into the motorhome. I asked Jeff and his family if they'd have communion with us. Smiling, his family accepted my invitation. So I took bread and made little squares and poured white grape juice into little Dixie cups. We went over to Jeff's trailer and I shared from John 6:22 where Jesus tells the people, He is the bread of life. I then turned to Math 26:26 and shared the account of the last supper. It was a great way to end our time together. We gave each other a godly hug and the Bailey's were off and sprinting once again.

As we left, I remembered that the city where Jeff lived was called Fountain Inn because it was a stopping place for stagecoaches, kind of like a watering hole. As I reflected on this, I thought it was appropriate that the Lord would refresh us at this place in South Carolina.

We drove all the way to Greenville, AL and stayed at a Wal-Mart Supercenter. As we drove, we passed over the international date line (from Eastern Time Zone to Central Time Zone. It was at mile marker 74 on I85 at 4:02CST or 5:02 EST. We also passed by the 1st White House of the Confederacy which is in Old Town, Alabama. We entered the Wal-mart, got settled then had spaghetti for dinner. We used the generator for a while to stay cool then opened all the windows and turned on the fans. After some work and blogging we all retired.