Thursday, June 19, 2008

Treasure in Heaven...

June 13 – Friday

Today is pretty much a work day…for the family. We arrived on site about 10:30am and met John. He put us to work immediately. I shared with my boys about laying up treasure in heaven and that the work they were doing here would not benefit them in the least. Truly the blessing will be knowing that other Christian children will gain from their efforts. I asked them to work hard and put in a good days work even though it was very, very hot in the mobile units (no air conditioning, no electricity for fans; just windows that some opened and some did not). So they began to paint.

Ethan, Jeffery and Isaiah were as happy as can be sweating in the 100°F mobile units. We had lots of water and lots of fun doing the Lords work. Around lunch, I prayed with the boys and the pastor that they would be fruitful and work hard to accomplish alot. I left to do some work and the boys remained. They returned around 4:30pm. They completed 2 ½ moble units. Praise the Lord!

We all were anxious to go fishing at night again, and this time it included families. Everyone wanted to repeat my wife’s success. Even Jeff’s friends Steve and his family came to join us. So after our second BBQ on our Baby Webber (works like a charm…can grill 20 chicken thighs at one time) we packed up 3 jon boats and headed for the water. I came to my boat to find this unusual looking red basket. I looked inside and saw crickets…like the chirping type. I looked at Jeff and he smiled and said it was the bait of choice down here in South Carolina. Smiling back I thought to myself that I’d stick to the plastics. The only three that stayed back were the boys (Jeffery, Isaiah and Ethan). This night nothing was to be caught…not a single fish. Maybe we scared them away!