Thursday, June 19, 2008

WaterPark and Tour around Greenville...

June 16 – Monday (93, 3H's)
Today was extremely hot! We decided on a water park named Discovery Island. It is small but wet, and that’s what we needed…wet! The wives packed lunch while I was blogging. We all fit into Brother Jeff’s van and left. As we were buying our tickets, I talked to the two girls tending the money about Jesus. One was a Baptist, the other Pentecostal. Great! Both were counseling at bible vacation school. This seems to be big down here. Its much like our two weeks of summer camp for the kids. I gave them each tracts and shared the Holy Spirit with both since they had not received it. I was thinking of Acts 19:2-6. I shared this in part with the girls. I had limited time since I was in the ticket purchase line and had to run. I did come back later to talk to them more.


Throughout the day I shared with many lifeguards. Maybe that was not so smart since they should not be distracted, however, they were the ones under the umbrellas and it was easy to start up a conversation. I shared with a boy and 2 girls. All professed to know Jesus and when asked for the conversion date, none said “since I was born”. That is a good thing. None had received the power of the Holy Ghost.

After the water park we all went to Greenville, kind of like going downtown, and had a great dinner and stroll through Falls Park. Falls Park has an awesome set of rocks that one can slide down, but because of lawsuits, it is now forbidden…for the law abiding. We saw many people doing it anyways. I guess they were warned.

After visiting Mass General Store, which is popular for its old style format, we left for Jeff’s house. Jeff’s neighbors came out and I had a chance to share Jesus with them. It brought a smile to their face to know we are doing an outreach for the Lord in Fountain Inn. They did not profess to be saved but I witnessed to them and prayed with them. Later that night we all went back to the camp and we worshipped with Brother Gene’s guitar. Jeffery picked it up and began playing the worship music we do at church. He requested I leave some of it for their church. By the way the almanac stated next 2 days are best for fishing in June…Full moon.